You have to make an appointment: call 070-3660808. Or consult the website mentioned at the end of this article.
Garden waste is used to make compost that will fertilize parks and gardens.
Rules for large garden waste:
– trees, bushes and branches should be shortened to a maximum of 1.20 metres long
– tree trunks and branches have a diameter of maximum 20 centimetres
– loose branches and bushes must be tied together with string.
Place the waste kerbside by 7.45 hrs. at the latest on the day of collection. You may also put out the waste the evening before the collection day after 22.00 hrs., but this is not preferable because it can lead to problems with street litter.
You may dispose of your oversized waste for free at one of the 3 garbage and recycling stations. The garbage and recycling stations have the extra advantage of allowing you to separate your oversized waste as much as possible. This is good for the environment!
The Municipality of The Hague has 3 garbage and recycling stations – opening hours Monday thru Saturday 8.30 – 17.00 hrs :
– Vissershavenstraat 2, 2583 DH Den Haag (Scheveningen)
– De Werf 13, 2544 EH Den Haag (Zichtenburg, in Loosduinen district)
– Plutostraat 1, 2516 AL Den Haag (Binckhorst, in Laak district).
Full information about disposal of oversized waste and garden waste at www.thehague.com/garbage
Do you still have questions? Call the telephone number of the municipality: 14070
1 October 2016, thehague.com