Energy label required for home sales or rentals

All homeowners in The Hague will receive a letter from the Dutch State in January 2015. In this letter you will find a provisional energy label for your home.

The provisional energy label indicates how the Dutch State estimates the energy-efficiency of your home (from the most energy-efficient green A, to  the least energy-efficient red G). Homeowners need to turn this label into a definitive energy label themselves. Applying for a definitive energy label will cost money and can be done through

Energy label (source: Vereniging Eigen Huis)

If you would like to sell or rent out your home, you are required to show your definitive energy label to the buyer or tenant. Not doing this can result in a fine of up to € 405.

More information about the label can be found at and

16 january 2015,