Highlights of the (online) neighborhood association meeting of May 18, 2021
- City officials gave a presentation on waste separation. The garbage situation around the containers at Nassauplein is improving. Concerns are expressed about city plans to add containers at Riouwstraat and the lack of communication about these plans.
- City authorities approved a permit application for an ice cream stand at Nassauplein.
- The board of mayor and aldermen has presented to the city council its proposal on Scheveningse Bosjes and Westbroekpark, based on previous views of a community think-tank. See also separate article in this edition.
- Parking on the median strip of the Patijnlaan is no longer allowed. The city is preparing plans to turn this strip into “green space”.
- The city is looking into the nuisance of illegal parking underneath the overpass areas near Madurodam.
- The owners of a new sportsbar at the corner of Javastraat-Balistraat – replacing the closed Flamez club – have requested a late night permit. Jointly with a lawyer local residents are addressing the issue.
- Welfare organization Zebra – focusing on needs of the elderly – is planning to withdraw from our neighborhood. A meeting with the neighborhood association is scheduled to prevent such a step.
- Neighborhood association chair Jaap Jan Brouwer will step down.
The minutes (in Dutch) see: > Open / download het verslag van het Wijkberaad op 18 mei 2021